Last updated: April 19th, 2021.
When you use our service
When you're using our website, we track your usage which includes statistics such as which pages you visit and how much time you spend on them. This information may include but is not limited to IP address, geolocalisation information, browser type and information about the use of our website, including a history of the pages you view.
If you create an account, we ask for information including but not limited to: your email, your name or what company you work for. This information is used to personalize your experience or send you onboarding emails and invoices. When using our Chrome Extension, we may collect contact information from the headers and signatures of people you email. We may also pull in contact information that is saved in your address book. This will only be done with your consent, upon joining our contributor program.
When you contact our support
If you reach out via email, we keep conversations and other data you might send during those exchanges. When you delete your account, those conversations are removed after a period of up to 6 months.
To provide our services
When creating an account, you agree to our Terms of Service which allows us to process your data to give you access to OpenSales.
To improve the User Experience
We're looking at usage patterns and various statistics to understand what to improve on OpenSales. We’re also using the data that goes through our services to improve the services themselves.
To offer customer support
We provide customer support via email or chat, to help you take full advantage of our service or fix any problem you encounter.
To market new services
Regularly, we launch new services. We’ll let users know about those releases if they have asked us to keep them up to date.
You have the following rights in relation to the personal data that we hold about you:
- To access your personal data, and some related information as described in the section below “know if we have information concerning you and what that information is”;
- To require any inaccurate personal data to be rectified, completed including by means of providing a supplementary statement;
- To require us to delete the personal data in certain circumstances;
- To require us to restrict or block the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances (when processing is restricted, we can still store your personal data, but may not use it further);
-To obtain from us your personal data, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format in certain circumstances. Further, you may have the right to require us to transmit your personal data directly to another person where it is technically feasible to do so; and
- To object to our use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes at any time and you may have the right to object to our processing of some or all of your personal data (and require them to be deleted) in some other circumstances; Where we are processing your personal data based on your consent to such processing, to withdraw your consent at any time.
Update, correct and delete your information
If you're a user of our service, you can log in to your account and update your information directly there.Removing your dataIf you have any concerns, please reach out first so we can help: firstname.lastname@example.org
Permissions we require for connected Google accounts:
"View and download your contacts"
As a contributor, you share your google contacts with OpenSales. This is information that would be found on a business card, like names, email addresses, and phone numbers.
This information is anonymously shared with OpenSales, and it is then accessible by other users on the platform.
In order to view your prospects basic information, our browser extension has the ability to extract details from pages you visit, to help you find an email address.